Monday, February 28, 2011

Diaspora Knowledge Society : Nepal Study Center, The University of New Mexico

I found a web page maintained by Nepal Study Center (NSC), UNM while I was searching for material related to Nepalese Diaspora for my presentation in upcoming conference organized by Nepalese Student Association, NMSU. I knew about this center but had no idea about its recent research program on Diaspora Knowledge Society. I am very excited to know about this program. NSC has a mission to understand and harness the diaspora knowledge society through digital connectivity, network analysis, empirical research, and socio-economic and behavioral analysis. The center is also offering Diaspora Studies Program (DSP) to promote research and analysis of diaspora population. I especially like the idea of digital connectivity. I hope digital diaspora network would be a wonderful network for us to involve ourselves in the development process of Nepal.
Please follow the following link for detail information:

Nepal Study Center, UNM: Research on Diaspora Knowledge Society

I hope to see active participation from UNM in our upcoming conference!!!
See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment